Laser Assisted Hatching in Allahabad, U.P, India
Significant improvement in pregnancy rate is achieved through laser assisted hatching.
It benefits patients with failed IVF cycles, patients over the age of 38, and who
have previous poor implantation results.
Assisted zona hatching in the ART laboratory consists of creating a hole in the
zona pellucida (embryo covering) to facilitate the hatching process. Indications/criteria
for AZH include those patients with the following characteristics:
- Poor prognosis embryos as deemed by the IVF laboratory;
- Advanced age (usually >38 years) in which the zona
may be thicker or harder;
- Borderline or elevated FSH levels;
- Repeated failure of embryo implantation in IVF;
- Frozen embryos (since the zona may be hardened
as a result of freezing/thawing procedures).